These are the Shower Gels that I purchased in my 1st US Bath & Body Works Online Order (dis)!
Fair warning, it’s gonna’ be a really long post!
These are the 3-Wick Candles (forgot to take a group pic, whoops) that I purchased in my 1st US Bath & Body Works Online Order (dis)!
Normally, 3-Wick Candles retail for $24.50 each (around KD8) but they were reduced to $12.50 each (around KD4) during one of the promos.
Not quite sure what’s going on with all the different cardboard packaging, but I don’t really care. As long these suckas reached me intact (unlike our local Bath & Body Works *ahem*), I’m gucci.
Even cooler and unlike the 3-Wick Candles in Kuwait, these babies actually had the fragrance notes listed on the bottom of each Candle!
In the interest of full disclosure, the 3-Wick Candles seriously bumped up my Aramex shipping charges, but whatevs, I earns mah monies so I can does withs it what I wants and I wants Bath & Body Works 3-Wick Candles from the newest Holiday Collection shipped from the United States of America, straight to my doorstep.
Lastly, most of these were new-new so don’t expect to see them in Kuwait anytime soon. They’ll probably be available for purchase in Kuwait towards the end of 2020 (being passed off as “new”). So, once the Holiday 2020 Collection drops in the States, only then will the Holiday 2019 Collection be available for purchase in Kuwait.
Now, on to the pretty!
Bath & Body Works had this Buy 3 Get 3 Free deal going on. So, I decided to pick up a few more things and “take advantage” of that deal.
Unfortunately, their online website was still very glitchy and not the most intuitive. As a result, I ended up having to place several separate online orders, as opposed to one single online order. I really wish they’d just fix their site already.
So, in my previous order, I picked up x12 Wallflower Fragrance Refills (here) and during this order, I picked up x6 3-wick Candles. There was an issue with both packages.
3-wick Candles normally retail for KD 8 each. The total for this order was KD 24/000 (with free shipping)
Well, that’s not true.
I placed my order on December 6 and everything arrived the next day…
Except I could hear something moving around inside the box…
Bath & Body Works had this Buy 3 Get 3 Free deal going on. So, I decided to pick up a few more things and take advantage of that deal.
Supposedly, you could mix and match, but when I added a few Wallflower Fragrance Refills, it wouldn’t let me combine them with Hand Soaps and kept giving me an error message.
When I tried to add 3-wick Candles to the mix, it showed me that I was going to have to pay full price for all the 3-wick Candles and get the much cheaper Wallflower Fragrance Refills for free.
Basically, my best option was to place 2 separate orders; one for Wallflower Fragrance Refills and another for 3-wick Candles.
Man, I wish they’d fix their website already, to where it would be slightly more intuitive.
Wallflower Fragrance Refills retail for KD 2/250 each
Aside from a few experimental ones, I mostly went with sweeter scents.
I picked up x12 Wallflower Fragrance Refills and payed for x6 while the other x6 ended up being free (due to the Buy 3 Get 3 Free promo). The total for this order was KD 11/250 (with free shipping). I placed my order on December 5 and everything arrived safely the next day, except…
– Crisp Morning Air Deep Cleansing Hand Soap (Fall 2019)
– Marshmallow Flurries Creamy Luxe Hand Soap (Holiday 2018)
– Vanilla Bean Noel Creamy Luxe Hand Soap (Holiday 2018)
– Vanilla Bean Noel Gentle Foaming Hand Soap (Holiday 2018)
– Moonlight Orchid Gentle Foaming Hand Soap (Fall 2019)
– Aromatherapy Sleep (Lavender + Vanilla) Gentle Foaming Hand Soap (2017 release)
These are the Hand Soaps I ended up purchasing during the Flash Sale (here). I got x1 of my beloved Deep Cleansing ones and x2 of those oh-so-pretty iridescent Creamy Luxe ones and x3 Gentle Foaming ones.
All of them were purchased online and therefore unsniffed. However, Vanilla Bean Noel is a constant repurchase (I stock up every year, more or less), so I already knew what I was getting with that scent.
Half the scents I picked up this time, included a lavender note, because I was influenced by Guerlain Mon Guerlain Eau de Parfum (hauled here) and was hoping I’d stumble on something that smelled similar. I dunno’… I just wanted to branch out a little from my usual scents.
– White Mint Latte (Cocoa Cafe – Holiday 2018 Collection)
– Orange Chocolate Truffle (Cocoa Cafe – Holiday 2018 Collection)
– Blueberry Sugar (Cocoa Cafe – Holiday 2018 Collection)
– Hot Cocoa & Cream (Hot Cocoa & Cream Collection – Holiday 2018)
– Fireside (White Barn Mosaic Label Collection – Holiday 2018)
– Blueberry Maple Pancakes (Crafted Pumpkin Collection – Fall 2019)
– Eucalyptus Rain (Wild Wonder Collection – Fall 2019)
These 3-wick Candles were purchased online during the Flash Sale at Bath & Body Works (haulage here)
– 3-wick Candles were reduced from KD 8 to KD 3 each
– Shower Gels were reduced from KD 5/500 for KD 2/750
– Mini Perfume Sprays (travel size eau de parfums) were reduced from KD 4/500 to KD 1/750
– Hand Soaps were reduced from KD 3/750 to KD 1/750
– Fragrance Mists were reduced from KD 7 toKD 2/750
– Travel Size Fragrance Mists were reduced from KD 3/250 to KD 1/750
– Travel Size Body Lotions were reduced from KD 2/750 to KD 1/750
– Room Sprays were reduced from KD 2/750 to KD 1/750
– Wallflower Refills were reduced from KD 2/250 to KD 1
– Scentportable Holders (car fragrance) were reduced to KD 1
The total for this online order was KD 50/500 (free shipping)
Once again, I was feeling pretty smug about placing my order when I did, because the 40% Off promo they had for “Black Friday” (or “Cyber Week” as they call it on the site), was pretty disappointing and not nearly as good as the one they had during the Flash Sale.
I even included the percentage saved next to each item (nicked from their site, I didn’t math this time lol) just to show you guys the difference. It adds up, you guys.
Needless to say, I did not purchase anything online or in-store from our local Bath&Body Works during “Black Friday” (hard pass).
I placed my order on November 21 and everything (including the wasteful pages and pages of the receipt/invoice) arrived safely and well-packaged the next day.