– White Mint Latte (Cocoa Cafe – Holiday 2018 Collection)
– Orange Chocolate Truffle (Cocoa Cafe – Holiday 2018 Collection)
– Blueberry Sugar (Cocoa Cafe – Holiday 2018 Collection)
– Hot Cocoa & Cream (Hot Cocoa & Cream Collection – Holiday 2018)
– Fireside (White Barn Mosaic Label Collection – Holiday 2018)
– Blueberry Maple Pancakes (Crafted Pumpkin Collection – Fall 2019)
– Eucalyptus Rain (Wild Wonder Collection – Fall 2019)
These 3-wick Candles were purchased online during the Flash Sale at Bath & Body Works (haulage here)
As if the previous promos (KD 1/750 Showers Gels and KD 2/500 Body Lotions) weren’t enough, seemingly out of the blue, Bath & Body Works had a Flash Sale… only days before “Black Friday“!
– 3-wick Candles were reduced from KD 8 to KD 3 each
– Shower Gels were reduced from KD 5/500 for KD 2/750
– Mini Perfume Sprays (travel size eau de parfums) were reduced from KD 4/500 to KD 1/750
– Hand Soaps were reduced from KD 3/750 to KD 1/750
– Fragrance Mists were reduced from KD 7 toKD 2/750
– Travel Size Fragrance Mists were reduced from KD 3/250 to KD 1/750
– Travel Size Body Lotions were reduced from KD 2/750 to KD 1/750
– Room Sprays were reduced from KD 2/750 to KD 1/750
– Wallflower Refills were reduced from KD 2/250 to KD 1
– Scentportable Holders (car fragrance) were reduced to KD 1
The total for this online order was KD 50/500 (free shipping)
Once again, I was feeling pretty smug about placing my order when I did, because the 40% Off promo they had for “Black Friday” (or “Cyber Week” as they call it on the site), was pretty disappointing and not nearly as good as the one they had during the Flash Sale.
I even included the percentage saved next to each item (nicked from their site, I didn’t math this time lol) just to show you guys the difference. It adds up, you guys.
Needless to say, I did not purchase anything online or in-store from our local Bath&Body Works during “Black Friday” (hard pass).
I placed my order on November 21 and everything (including the wasteful pages and pages of the receipt/invoice) arrived safely and well-packaged the next day.
I was severely disappointed by the fact that they were selling the Holiday 2017 Holiday Collection instead of the Holiday 2018 Collection at Bath & Body Works on December 2018 (pics here). However, I didn’t realize they were doing that, up until I started looking up the fragrance notes for this post, which by then, was obviously too late. This right here, is the reason I stopped buying from Bath & Body Works for so long.
They had some promo or other going on at the time (Buy 3 Get 4 Free), so I grabbed a few things (which turned out to be total fails). I got x2 Dry Shampoo and x2 Body Stuff (Shower Gel + Body Scrub) and x2 Bathroom Stuff (Shower Steamer and Hand Soap) and x2 Scented Candles and x3 Room Sprays. As the icing on the cake, not all the items were included in the promo -_-
Pretty, right? I thought so too! I even bought a few things.
Back home, when I googled the notes for an upcoming post, I realized that instead of the Holiday 2018 Collection, they were selling the Holiday 2017 Collection and passing it off as the newer collection!
Everything that people were buying was already a year old! No wonder those Body Creams usually smell horrible in under a month! They were already old by the time we bought them! We’d been buying old products at retail price. I mean, is this even legal?
The joys of living in Kuwait…