These are the Scentportables that I purchased in my 1st US Bath & Body Works Online Order (dis)!
Scentportables aka Car Fragrances retail for $3.50, but there was a 3 for $9 “deal” on them. Locally, they retail for KD 1/500 (which converts to almost $5) each. Chew on that.
While in Kuwait I could only spot Endless Weekend (pass) and Rose Water & Ivy (definite pass) and that God-forsaken Sweet Pea (why is this scent still around?) on the US site they had all the scents and way more Scentporable Clips in all kinds of different designs! I was spoiled (spoilt?) for choice!
Seeing as how hot it could get in Kuwait during the summer, I didn’t wanna’ get anything that I might find irritating with time. Eventually, I went with x2 Vanilla Bean Noel (tried and true favorite in most forms) and a single Campsite Coffee (because… coffee, baby)! Not sure where each collection was from, but I know for a fact that Vanilla Bean Noel is part of the Holiday Traditions Collection that they release every Winter.
As if the previous promos (KD 1/750 Showers Gels and KD 2/500 Body Lotions) weren’t enough, seemingly out of the blue, Bath & Body Works had a Flash Sale… only days before “Black Friday“!
– 3-wick Candles were reduced from KD 8 to KD 3 each
– Shower Gels were reduced from KD 5/500 for KD 2/750
– Mini Perfume Sprays (travel size eau de parfums) were reduced from KD 4/500 to KD 1/750
– Hand Soaps were reduced from KD 3/750 to KD 1/750
– Fragrance Mists were reduced from KD 7 toKD 2/750
– Travel Size Fragrance Mists were reduced from KD 3/250 to KD 1/750
– Travel Size Body Lotions were reduced from KD 2/750 to KD 1/750
– Room Sprays were reduced from KD 2/750 to KD 1/750
– Wallflower Refills were reduced from KD 2/250 to KD 1
– Scentportable Holders (car fragrance) were reduced to KD 1
The total for this online order was KD 50/500 (free shipping)
Once again, I was feeling pretty smug about placing my order when I did, because the 40% Off promo they had for “Black Friday” (or “Cyber Week” as they call it on the site), was pretty disappointing and not nearly as good as the one they had during the Flash Sale.
I even included the percentage saved next to each item (nicked from their site, I didn’t math this time lol) just to show you guys the difference. It adds up, you guys.
Needless to say, I did not purchase anything online or in-store from our local Bath&Body Works during “Black Friday” (hard pass).
I placed my order on November 21 and everything (including the wasteful pages and pages of the receipt/invoice) arrived safely and well-packaged the next day.