Lastly but certainly not least were the Candles and Wallflower Bulbs I picked up during The Big Sale. Some were purchased in-store and the ones I couldn’t find in-store were purchased online.
I picked up x14 large 3-wick Candles and x2 Jar Candles and x3 Wallflower Bulbs. I haven’t started burning any of them just yet because ironically, for the past two weeks I’ve been sick with the flu (hence lack of new posts lol)
3-Wick Candles were reduced from KD 8 each to KD 4 each
Single Wick Jar Candles were reduced from KD 6 – KD 5 each to KD 2/500 each
Wallflower Refill Bulbs were reduced from KD 2/250 each to KD 1 each
Also during The Big Sale, I stocked up on some Shower Gels (top photo) and Body Scrubs (bottom left) and Moisturizers (bottom right) and even a single Fine Fragrance Mist.
– Island Papaya Deep Cleansing Hand Soap
– Summer Tiramisu Creamy Luxe Hand Soap
– Capri Ocean Breeze Creamy Luxe Hand Soap
– Limoncello Creamy Luxe Hand Soap
– Sunshine and Lemons Creamy Luxe Hand Soap
– Summer Tiramisu Gentle Foaming Hand Soap
– Bergamot Waters Gentle Foaming Hand Soap
– Mahogany Teakwood Gentle Foaming Hand Soap
– Aromatherapy Sleep (Black Chamomile + Bergamot) Gentle Foaming Hand Soap
Hand Soaps were reduced from KD 3/250 to KD 1/250 except for Deep Cleansing Hand Soaps which were reduced to KD 1
As I mentioned earlier (dis) Bath & Body Works were having a “Buy 2, Get 3 Free” promo going on, at the beginning of August.
Between the “Buy 3, Get 3 Free” promo over at Boots (dis) and the “Buy 2, Get 3 Free” promo over at B&BW, I wasn’t sure what was going on (is this even Kuwait?), but I strongly approved! Since I’d just recently decluttered my bathroom (dis), I figured I had room for some new clutter (logic!)
– Umberto Giannini “Mermaid Hair” Volume Mousse
– Soap&Glory “Junk The Gunk” Deep Cleansing Shampoo
– Umberto Giannini “Beach Care” Coconut Oil Conditioner
– Umberto Giannini “Pool Proof” Leave-In Hair Protection Cream
– Soap&Glory “Control Sleek” Heat-Activated Smoothing Cream
– Charles Worthington Volume & Bounce Express Blow Dry Primer
Boots (Avenues) had a “Buy 3, Get 3 Free” promo going on, around the beginning of August. Since my latest obsession seems to be Hair Care, I decided to take advantage of that opportunity and snag some things from the new “Beach Collection” from Umberto Giannini. I also got some stuff from the all new Hair Care Range from Soap&Glory and just the one thing from Charles Worthington.
I didn’t do any “research” beforehand and just grabbed stuff based on the cutesy packaging and fun names, and what they claimed to do. As such, I found some of them kinda’ disappointing. That said, I’m not about to open up all of them in one go (not that crazy) so I’ve only gotten around to using 3 out of the 6, for now.
So my obsession with Perfumes was at its peak. However, I didn’t want to purchase them locally because they’d be more expensive and I wouldn’t receive anything else with them (as a gift with purchase or loyalty points or whatever else) no matter how extortionate the price was, and and I wouldn’t know if I was getting an older batch (potentially expired) and worst of all, I wouldn’t know if they were fake or not, but mostly I was anxious about purchasing locally because of this (Perfume Fail). If I bought them online, they’d be new, less expensive and more often than not, I’d receive a gift with purchase or samples or something. However, I wouldn’t be able to give them a sniff beforehand, and based on previous experience, I’m not really the luckiest when it comes to blind-buys.
Even though I’d love to, I couldn’t sign up for those monthly subscription boxes (such as Scentbird and the like) because the cost of shipping to Kuwait via Aramex, would add up to something ridiculous. In comes MyPerfumeSamples.com which was exactly what it sounded like! You pick out the scents that you wanted and the sizes that you preferred (with the pricing varying from scent to scent) and they’d ship them over. Up on the website, each scent had the fragrance notes and the year it was released and so on, listed next to it. I purchased a handful, in varied sizes.
– Sample Vials: smallest size and cheapest, comes with a dip-stick applicator (I only got 1)
– Pocket Sprays: bit bigger, comes with a spray mechanism and a cap (I got 5)
– Travel Sprays: substantially larger, comes with a spray mechanism and a cap, wider spread (I purchased 6 but only 5 arrived)
Each sample came in a plastic sachet of it’s own, with the name of the scent printed on the actual sample (so handy!) and they were all packed together in a bubble-wrapped package within a package. Since looking at plain samples can get boring, I decided to add photos of the actual perfume bottles as well. Now on to the Perfumes (samples) that I’d ordered…