Get a Free Gift when you spend $75 on Men’s Grooming or Cologne. $86 Value.
I’d already filled up my online shopping cart at Nordstrom with Hair Care, but then, noticed that they’d added the Men’s Sample Pack (products purely for dudes, because of Father’s Day). The Men’s Sample Pack included a whole bunch of Men’s Fragrance Samples, which naturally I was very, very interested in sniffing since my latest obsession (well, since this past December) was Fragrances. So I added a Perfume/Cologne (Travel Spray) and a couple of Bar Soaps, from the Men’s Grooming and Cologne section, to qualify for the Men’s Sample Pack (for the month of June).
– Murdock London Beard Moisturizer (50mL/1.7 oz.)
– Jack Black Beard Lube Conditioning Shave (14mL/0.5 oz.)
Coincidentally, one of the Bar Soaps that I’d purchased, also happened to be by the brand Murdock London. Since none of the men in my life can actually grow a full beard (I’m talkin’ Lumberjack level, complete with a mustache and sideburns in addition to a huge beard), I suppose I could use the Beard Moizturizer as a Leave-In Conditioner on the ends of my hair (I mean… beard hair, head/scalp hair, same thing, no?)
I used to purchase Jack Black Lip Balms in all kinds of scents (from Drugstore.com/Beauty.com back before they closed down for good) way back in the day, so I was quite familiar with the brand’s infamous Black/Blue packaging and had actually missed it! lol I suppose I could use the Beard Lube Conditioning Shave (hate the name) as a Shaving Cream.
If there are any dudes who can actually grow a full beard and are interested in Beard Care, you can find Johnny’s Chop Shop locally (dis) everywhere from Boots to Sultan Center.
– Oribe Signature Shampoo & Signature Conditioner (0.23 oz. each)
– MALIN+GOETZ Peppermint Shampoo (1 oz.)
As I said in my previous post, people tend to rave and rave about Oribe, so I was pretty excited to finally sample the Signature range! As for the Malin+Goetz Peppermint Shampoo, I wonder if it could sub for a Deep Cleansing Shampoo? We’ll see…
– Shiseido Men Total Revitalizer Eye (0.17 oz.)
– Clinique for Men Face Scrub (0.5 oz.)
– Clinique for Men Super Energizer Anti-Fatigue Hydrating Concentrate SPF 25 (0.03 oz.)
– Clarins Men Revitalizing Gel Moisturizer (0.06 oz.)
– Le Labo After Shave Balm (0.1 oz.)
– Clark’s Botanicals Smoothing Marine Cream (0.06 oz.)
Oooh Skincare! I thought it would be cool to play around with the Men’s Skincare and compare it to Women’s Skincare (and possibly be outraged if it was even marginally more superior… which I doubt, but still)! No? Whaddaya’ think?
– Versace Eros Flame Eau de Parfum (0.17 oz.)
– Yves Saint Laurent Y Eau de Toilette (0.25 oz.)
– Giorgio Armani Acqua di Giò Pour Homme Eau de Toilette (0.04 oz.)
– Dolce&Gabbana Light Blue Pour Homme Eau de Toilette (0.05 oz.)
– Parfums de Marly Percival Eau de Parfum (0.04 oz.)
– Tom Ford Neroli Portofino Eau de Parfum (0.05 oz.)
– John Varvatos x Nick Jonas JVxNJ Red Edition Eau de Toilette (0.05 oz.)
– Hermes Terre D’Hermes Eau de Toilette (0.06 oz.)
– Creed Aventus Fragrance (0.07 oz.)
Finally, the main reason why I wanted to get my hands on the Men’s Sample Pack, these Fragrance Samples! Most of them were smaller samples, aside from Versace Eros and YSL Y which came in adorable mini bottles! John Varvatos happened to include Rum (which I stan) while Hermes was supposed to smell like minerals and vegetables (lolwut?) and Creed Aventus supposedly smelled like… Heaven! The rest were all seemingly “freshies” (aquatic, ozonic, fresh scents). I may (or may not) go over all the notes and my first impressions of each of them later on, in another separate post dedicated to the Men’s Fragrance Samples, but in the interest of keeping things going (I’ve got a lot of other posts to get through), I’m going to end this one here.