My first Sultan Center Haulage of the year! This was about 3 or 4 days before Valentine’s Day so I kinda’ went crazy over the Limited Edition stuff and also… I was hangry (which is appropriate, since I’m posting this during Ramadan, the time when people default to hangry)! Like I said in my previous Spotted at Sultan Center post (here), I hit up three different locations on my hunt for Herbal Tea. Even when I’d succeeded in averting my eyes and avoiding certain items at the first branch, by the time I hit up the final branch, my will power was non-existent (all tapped out) lol
I made a
quick stop at the Al Rifai Roastery and picked up some of the more “adventurous” flavors.
– Sriracha Macadamia (as a fan of Macadamia Nuts, I found this combo awkward… and odd)
– Nachos Mix Peanuts (surprisingly, not bad)
– Smoked Cashews (my faves, hence the repurchase)
– Flamin’ Hot Cheetos (I still don’t understand the appeal… why do
people my cousins go crazy over this stuff?)
– Seabrook Paprika (oooh texture! It tasted just ok)
– Salt & Vinegar Pringles (my go-to ♥)
– Crunch’n’Munch Caramel Popcorn with Peanuts
– Jolly Time The Big Cheez Ultimate Cheddar Popcorn
These are handy when my friends and I experience an immediate case of the munchies! First you crave something a lil sweet, then something a lil salty, and then something a lil sweet, and then something a lil salty, and before you know it, you end up beached by Japanese Fisherman trying to poach you :(
– x2 American Heritage Fancy Shredded Cheddar Cheese
These are my current go-to’s whenever I “dabble” in the art of “cooking”. Another go-to is their plastic jars (available in a variety of different sizes for your convenience) of Grated Parmesan Cheese.
– Aunt Jemima Lil’ Griddles Mini Pancakes
After lusting after this stuff for a minute now (here), I could resist no longer…
– Casa Rinaldi Savoiardi aka Ladyfingers
As depicted on the packaging, people use Ladyfingers to make Tirimisu (blech). However, I much prefer soaking Ladyfingers in my Tea, until they’re sufficiently soggy (but not too long to where they become annoyingly crumbly and start falling apart… you have to time it juuust right) and then eating them.
– Haldiram’s Cookie Heaven Oats Atta Khatai Cookies
– Haldirdam’s Cookie Heaven Naan Khatai Cookies
Out of all the ones I spotted earlier at Souq Sharq (here), I only grabbed these two. They were surprisingly inexpensive! I really enjoyed having one of them with my Tea, but the other was effectively tasteless. Unfortunately, I can’t remember which was which, at this point.
– x2 Chips Ahoy! S’mores (Initially, the first one tasted strange, but once I got used to the taste, I couldn’t stop shoveling these in my mouth! Nice and chewy!)
– Chips Ahoy! Double Chocolate Thins (Oreo Thins, Chips Ahoy! Thins, I love all the Thins)
– Oreo Lemon Thins (more Thins!)
– Oreo Tin (x9 packs of Original Oreos. I only got this for the cuuute Tin, honestly)
– Oreo Peppermint Bark (effectively like having toothpaste-flavored Oreos and yet I kinda’ liked them!)
– x2 Love, Oreo (not everyone liked these, but I really enjoyed them!)
– KitKat Red Velvet (tasted horrible!)
– Hershey’s Kisses Lava Cake (surprisingly great!)
– Haribo Worms (my faves!)
– Maynard Bassetts Sherbet Lemons Sweets (yummy!)
– Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte (so bad I couldn’t even get halfway through)
– x2 Activia Strawberry & Wild Strawberry Yogurt Go (so good!)
– Almarai Strawberry Laban (also pretty good!)
– Sunkist Grape Soda (Sunkist… Grape… Soda! I mean, I had to!)
– Weikfield Strawberry Falooda Mix (not a clue what this stuff was… but it looked interesting)
– Weikfield Mango Falooda Mix (in case the Strawberry turned out to be bad, I got the Mango too)
– Tang Mango (because I saw it in front of me…)
– Lipton Chamomile Tea
– Lipton Anise Tea
– Twinings Blueberry & Apple Tea
The main catalyst for this entire haul! You won’t believe how hard it was to find this stuff! Even when I asked the staff for help, they either pointed me towards regular caffeinated tea (Lipton Yellow Label Tea, etc…) or that horrible laxative tea (Royal Tea). I’d even tried earlier at our local co-op, but they’d kept suggesting Royal Tea or Lipton Yellow Label to me, which was why I decided to hit up The Sultan Center.
Thankfully, at one of the branches, I found this adorable elderly Egyptian couple in the Coffee and Tea Aisle and straight up asked them where I could find Herbal Tea. The wife suggested Chamomile and the husband suggested Anise (or maybe it was the other way around) so I picked up both. Apparently I’d been blind to this stuff (for whatever reason) the entire time… while it was staring me in the face! Both were from Lipton. This all went down at the Hawally branch (Promenade).
Later on (either at Salmiya or Souq Sharq, but I’m leaning more towards Salmiya), I spotted Blueberry & Apple Tea by Twinings! Obviously, I was all over that!
– Cream Silk Conditioner (new packaging… 4 years later lol) (repurchase) (review here)
– PureDerm Eye Puffiness Minimizing Patches (previously hauled here)
– Clean & Clear Makeup Remover (repurchase) (review here)
– Nivea Fresh Comfort Deodorant (repurchase)
– Nivea/Labello Blackberry Shine (spotted here)
– x3 Nivea Lemongrass & Oil Soap (repurchase)
– Cinthol Lime Soap (pack)
– Colgate Charcoal Toothbrush (repurchase)
These were mostly repurchases. Hey, I like what I like.
Final shot of the cuuute Valentine’s Day Editions!
Hope you enjoyed this post!