How stinkin’ cuuuuuuute!
Excuse the boxes, ‘cuz I’m in the process of moving into the guest room, while I finally get furniture and curtains and other things normal humans have in their homes. Basically, the place is pretty much a mess. Dang reflective packaging…
Anyways, I popped by Sephora a few weeks ago, when they were frantically stashing everything away (to make room for “Black Friday”), just to take a quick peek and ended up falling for this lil cutie!
No, I did not finish a thing of shampoo in under a month. I actually purchased the newer revamped version earlier (here) and in the efforts of placing it somewhere I was sure I’d find it, to use during my next shower… I lost it.
I’ve looked all over, but I just can’t seem to find it. I’m sure it’ll turn up eventually. In the meantime, I figured I might as well pick another one up, because I’ve been dying to give the newer version a try!
Boots were having a Buy 1 Get 1 Free on select items. As luck would have it. The Boots Expert Build Up Removal Shampoo was included in the promo. So I picked one up and got the other for free.
Boots Expert Build Up Removal Shampoo retails for KD 1/250 a pop
– Crisp Morning Air Deep Cleansing Hand Soap (Fall 2019)
– Marshmallow Flurries Creamy Luxe Hand Soap (Holiday 2018)
– Vanilla Bean Noel Creamy Luxe Hand Soap (Holiday 2018)
– Vanilla Bean Noel Gentle Foaming Hand Soap (Holiday 2018)
– Moonlight Orchid Gentle Foaming Hand Soap (Fall 2019)
– Aromatherapy Sleep (Lavender + Vanilla) Gentle Foaming Hand Soap (2017 release)
These are the Hand Soaps I ended up purchasing during the Flash Sale (here). I got x1 of my beloved Deep Cleansing ones and x2 of those oh-so-pretty iridescent Creamy Luxe ones and x3 Gentle Foaming ones.
All of them were purchased online and therefore unsniffed. However, Vanilla Bean Noel is a constant repurchase (I stock up every year, more or less), so I already knew what I was getting with that scent.
Half the scents I picked up this time, included a lavender note, because I was influenced by Guerlain Mon Guerlain Eau de Parfum (hauled here) and was hoping I’d stumble on something that smelled similar. I dunno’… I just wanted to branch out a little from my usual scents.
– White Mint Latte (Cocoa Cafe – Holiday 2018 Collection)
– Orange Chocolate Truffle (Cocoa Cafe – Holiday 2018 Collection)
– Blueberry Sugar (Cocoa Cafe – Holiday 2018 Collection)
– Hot Cocoa & Cream (Hot Cocoa & Cream Collection – Holiday 2018)
– Fireside (White Barn Mosaic Label Collection – Holiday 2018)
– Blueberry Maple Pancakes (Crafted Pumpkin Collection – Fall 2019)
– Eucalyptus Rain (Wild Wonder Collection – Fall 2019)
These 3-wick Candles were purchased online during the Flash Sale at Bath & Body Works (haulage here)
As if the previous promos (KD 1/750 Showers Gels and KD 2/500 Body Lotions) weren’t enough, seemingly out of the blue, Bath & Body Works had a Flash Sale… only days before “Black Friday“!
– 3-wick Candles were reduced from KD 8 to KD 3 each
– Shower Gels were reduced from KD 5/500 for KD 2/750
– Mini Perfume Sprays (travel size eau de parfums) were reduced from KD 4/500 to KD 1/750
– Hand Soaps were reduced from KD 3/750 to KD 1/750
– Fragrance Mists were reduced from KD 7 toKD 2/750
– Travel Size Fragrance Mists were reduced from KD 3/250 to KD 1/750
– Travel Size Body Lotions were reduced from KD 2/750 to KD 1/750
– Room Sprays were reduced from KD 2/750 to KD 1/750
– Wallflower Refills were reduced from KD 2/250 to KD 1
– Scentportable Holders (car fragrance) were reduced to KD 1
The total for this online order was KD 50/500 (free shipping)
Once again, I was feeling pretty smug about placing my order when I did, because the 40% Off promo they had for “Black Friday” (or “Cyber Week” as they call it on the site), was pretty disappointing and not nearly as good as the one they had during the Flash Sale.
I even included the percentage saved next to each item (nicked from their site, I didn’t math this time lol) just to show you guys the difference. It adds up, you guys.
Needless to say, I did not purchase anything online or in-store from our local Bath&Body Works during “Black Friday” (hard pass).
I placed my order on November 21 and everything (including the wasteful pages and pages of the receipt/invoice) arrived safely and well-packaged the next day.
They switched out the previous online promo on full size Showers Gels (dis) for a newer promo on full size Body Lotions. Plus, the 5 for KD 3 on PocketBacs was still ongoing.
I really didn’t want to risk any of them going out of stock and having to wait until next Winter to get my hands on Vanilla Bean Noel and Hot Cocoa & Cream and possibly never seeing Bali Black Coconut Sands or Bahamas Pink Passionfruit & Banana Flower again (who knew if they were going to re-release them again, next Summer).
So, 3 days after my previous online order (here), I placed another online order with Bath&Body Works. It was too good of a deal to pass up!
– Body Lotions were reduced from KD 5/500 to KD 2/500 each
– PocketBacs were 5 for KD 3
The total for this online order was KD 13
I placed my order on November 19 and it arrived safely the next day (free shipping over KD 9)
As you can see, everything arrived well packaged (including the pages and pages of receipt/invoice).
Currently, for “Black Friday” they’ve got 40% Off Sitewide and free shipping, meaning Body Lotions were reduced from KD 5/500 to KD 3/300.
Once again, I was glad I didn’t wait until “Black Friday” and got the Body Lotions for 50% Off instead of 40% Off.
The new Fall Traditions 2019 Collection popped up online and as time went on, they added a “sneak peak” of the Holiday 2018 Collection (which was being marketed as “new” even though it was last year’s collection).
I’ve spoken about the local Bath&Body Works tricking customers into believing they were purchasing the latest Holiday Collection except it was always already 12 months old, several times now.
That said, beggars can’t be choosers and when they had an online deal on Shower Gels, it was just too good to pass up. So, I quickly placed my order and picked up some of the stuff I’d been lusting after (sadly, Hot Cocoa & Cream Shower Gel was excluded from the promo and was going for full price… sneaky, sneaky).
– Shower Gels were reduced from KD 5/500 to KD 1/750 each
– PocketBacs were 5 for KD 3
The total for this online order was KD 10
I placed my order on November 16 and it arrived safely the next day (free shipping over KD 9)
Currently, for “Black Friday” they’ve got 40% Off Sitewide and free shipping, meaning Shower Gels were reduced from KD 5/500 to KD 3/300.
So… I’m pretty much patting myself on the back for not waiting and taking advantage of the previous deal and purchasing these Shower Gels for KD 1/750 a pop (she said ever so smugly)!